For optimal performance, please perform these care procedures to keep the following items regularly cleaned.
Bin and Filter
Shake off debris by tapping the filter against your trash container. Filters are not designed to be washed.
Wipe all four cliff sensors with a clean, dry cloth.
Clean the charging contacts by wiping the charging contacts on the Home Base and robot with a clean, dry cloth. You can alternatively use lightly dampened melamine foam such as a magic eraser to clean the charging contacts on the Home Base and Robot.
Front Caster Wheel
Front caster wheels that are clogged with hair and debris could result in floor damage. Regularly pull out and clean the front caster wheel.
- Pull firmly on the front caster wheel to remove it from the robot.
- Remove debris from inside the wheel cavity.
- Remove the wheel from its housing and clear any hair wrapped around the axle. Push firmly on the wheel axle to remove it completely from the wheel.
- Wipe the wheel clean.
- Re-install the wheel into the housing and the module into the robot.
Excessive build up of hair can permanently damage Roomba. Remove brushes and inspect brush bearings regularly.
- Open the brush guard by lifting both yellow tabs.
- Remove and clean the brushes. Use the included cleaning tool to easily remove hair from the bristle brush by pulling it over the brush.
- Remove and clean hair or debris from the yellow brush bearings.Do not attempt to run Roomba without the bearings. If you misplace the brush bearings, please contact iRobot Customer Care for replacement bearings.
- Push the wheels up and down several times and shake out any loose debris that may be trapped in the wheel well.
- Briskly turn both wheels by hand and make sure they turn freely and that each wheel exhibits the same amount of resistance. If a wheel cannot be turned by hand, place Roomba on the floor and manually push Roomba backward and forward.
- If compressed air is available, gently blow air into the wheel well.
Edge Sweeping Brush
- Loosen the edge sweeping brush with a coin or small screwdriver.Some models may not have a captive edge sweeping brush screw. If the screw is missing, please visit the iRobot Store – Parts and Accessories, contact iRobot Customer Care, or use an authorized retailer or partner to order a new edge sweeping brush.
- Remove the brush.
- Remove any debris from the edge sweeping brush and the post of the edge sweeping brush module.
- Reinstall the edge sweeping brush.